An Introduction to CBAP
Every profession has certain standard levels of knowledge and expertise through which they can showcase their abilities to employers. This can ultimately lead to career advancement and out them above certain peers.
The CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) Certifications is perhaps the most sought after certification for Business Analysts. Business Analysis is a profession that is used across many industries, and up till recently, it did not have any unifying consistency across the globe.
The profession itself has expanded over the recent years, which has greatly emphasized the need for some sort of standardization across the board. The Internal Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) designed the CBAP® certification for this same purpose. The CBAP® designation brings the entire global spectrum of Business Analysts under one professional roof.
The eligibility criteria for getting a CBAP® is quite lengthy and the requirements include:
- Five years (7,500 hours) of analyst experience (working, consulting and/or training) within the last 10 years
- Six month (900 hours) of work experience engaged in tasks that tie directly to four of the six knowledge areas (Enterprise Analysis, Requirements Planning, Requirements Elicitation, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Communication, and Solution Assessment)
- Twenty-one hours of analyst-related professional development (conferences, seminars, or training) in the last three years.
- Two references from a manager, client, or credentialed CBAP® indicating you are a good candidate to write for the CBAP®
- A high school education, or its equivalent.
CBAP’s® must also sign the IIBA Code of Ethical Conduct and Professional Standards Form to indicate a high level of commitment. Every single requirement can be subjected to an audit, so all of these requirements should be thoroughly documented.
Keep in mind, these requirements do not indicate that you are now CBAP® certified, it merely ensures that you can be eligible to give the CBAP® exam.
If you are looking to get a CBAP® certification then take a look here. If you have anymore training queries, feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org